Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dim sum at Pak Chok Restaurant

My father was convinced that the dim sum at Pak Chok (百酌) Restaurant are exactly the same as Min Kok.  So we decided to go breakfast there and investigate.  We got there at about 7:30am this morning and we were the first customers.  As we sat down, the waitress brought over a tray of dim sum.  I thought they were so efficient but she told us that we have to choose what we want to eat before they steam the dim sum.  They are all frozen.  We picked eight dishes and she took them back to steam.  I was quite disappointed.  Proper dim sum restaurant will steam everything, bring them to the table for us to choose what we want.

Siu mai, taste good.













"Shui jing gao", doesn't look as pretty as in the other place but taste good.












"Char siu" dumplings, taste exactly like the ones in Min Kok.












"Har gao", taste good.


"Glutinous rice with dried shrimps", I thought it was "loh mai gai" but it wasn't but taste OK.


"Deep fried rolls", taste good too.


"Jee choy gao", not nice.


"Jiao zhi" with a bit of gravy. Like wonton by taste like siu mai.












I paid RM30 for these with Chinese tea for three.  Compared to Min Kok, I think this is expensive.  I won't go back to that place.  The restaurant is old and doesn't have air condition.  If we didn't go early, it will be to hot.  I may have to pay a few more bucks if we go to Min Kok but I think it is worth is.  I have come to the conclusion that the restaurant didn't make the dim sum themselves.  I think they buy the dim sum frozen and just steam and sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment