Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dinner with friends

Last night three of my classmates from high school asked me out to dinner.  We went to Regent Restaurant in Taman Bukit Labu, Seremban.  We ordered three dishes, stir fry fish slices with green onion and ginger, tao foo with bok choy and steam chicken with minced ginger.

Stir fry fish slices with spring onion and ginger.  This dish was good but normal.












Tao foo with boy choy.  This was very ordinary too.













Steam chicken with minced ginger.  The presentation of this dish was terrible.  The chicken pieces were not arranged properly and it was too salty.  The sauce was all over the plate.  So we complained to the captain about it being very salty.  She was very polite and offered to replace the dish with another dish.  We then picked steam chicken.





This was the replacement chicken (白斩鸡).  This was satisfactory but the dipping ginger sauce was salty too.  So we ended up eating the chicken without the ginger sauce.









Overall, I think the standard of the restaurant has dropped.  We paid RM70.  The price was acceptable.  I think I will go back one more time to try again.  I used to like the food there.  Hopefully this was one off disappointment for me.

1 comment:

  1. The first plate of chicken looks like leftovers from another table's dinner! The replacement looks much better.

    ReplyDelete