Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fruits

It is durian season in Malaysia again.  Since I came back I have had durian once.  I like durian but I am not crazy about it.  Although I have not had durian for a long time, I wouldn't want to eat that everyday.  I went to Jusco the other day with my niece.  There were lots of durian for sale in Jusco supermarket.  So I bought two packets because one packet costs RM25.90 and two packets cost RM45.  I couldn't resist so I bought two packets.


Buying durian like this has all the advantages I think.  First I get to choose the taste ie. sweet only or sweet with bitter taste.  I chose the bitter sweet one.  Then I don't have to get rid of the durian shelf myself and they are guaranteed nice.







After I bought the durian, my cousin visited me and brought me more durians.  My cousin brought me durians from Simpang Peretang.  The durians were from my cousin's durian estate.

These are nice too although not as nice as those that I bought from Jusco.















Other fruits I bought recently were dragon fruits and mango.  Last Monday night, I went to pasar malam with my sister.  We bought five large dragon fruits for RM10.  I think it was a bargain.


Since most people prefer the red dragon fruits, I don't see anybody selling the white one anymore.















This is how I serve dragon fruit.












I bought this mango from Jusco too.  I was impressed with the size of the mangoes when I saw them in Jusco.  They were very big.  I haven't seen such a big mango for a long time.  This weighed 1.09kg and it costs 1.19 per 100g.  So I paid RM12.99 for the mango.  It was very nice but my father said probably I was the only person buying it from Jusco because he thinks it was quite expensive!

1 comment:

  1. No photo of the inside of the mango?! Did it taste good? Was it worth RM13? More details please.

    ReplyDelete