Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fruits from Cameron Highlands

I bought some locally grown fruits from the Cameron Highlands when I visited last.  Very strange apple guava (that's what they called it).




From the outside, it looks exactly like an apple.  But when cut up, it looks very much like guava.  My sister was convinced that the green layer is not natural.

Then the local apples.  They look like eggplants to me.

These apples are not the same as the apples we normally buy from the supermarket.  The inside is hollow like honey dew or melon.  I thought I took a photo of the inside but couldn't find it.

1 comment:

  1. You updated! How did they taste? Did the apple guava taste like guava? Did the local apple taste like apples? I agree with your sister that the outside layer of the apple guava looks unnatural.

    ReplyDelete